i'm pretty sure it'll last quite sometime. just make sure it's tuned right. i'm going on around 5 months on 10psi.
what are your guys' thoughts on this? i'm planning on about 10psi with stock internals. there is a good chance that i will intercool with the LHT unit. i'll be tuning with uberdata. i know it wont blow up right away, but do you think it will remain reliable as a daily driver? it's a JDM engine so i'm guessing the milage to be around 50,000...but you know how that goes. compression is 205 across the board. do you think it will last for some time to come?
i'm pretty sure it'll last quite sometime. just make sure it's tuned right. i'm going on around 5 months on 10psi.
Good tuning is the key to long-term engine survival. Keep the timing advance set on the conservative side... especially up in the higher RPM ranges.
what injectors do you plan on running? You should be fine with some 440's 12.0-12.5 a/f ratio from 3k up and conservative timing 20-22 degrees at redline with the distributor set at 16 degrees. I am running 12.3-12.5 a/f ratio and 31 degrees of timing at redline with the base at 16 degrees. I have a built motor though; 9.5:1 static compression, alcohol injection, hondata, and 440cc injectors.
Let us know how the LHT intercooler works out several of us (me included) are skeptical and don't know if it's worth $1000+
thanks for the good advice guys - i'll keep my fingers crossed [img]smile.gif[/img]
You'll be fine. It's not like your boostin it all the time. Most of my time is spent in vacumn and if you need to get up to speed quick, 3k-4k shifts is all you need really. But it's nice to take it up to 8k every once and a while.
... or drive like me and wear it out after 8000 miles at 10psi...
I've been running my car at 9psi for about 20,000 miles so far. I ran 55,000 miles at 6psi before that and I still get 32+ MPG.
If you don't race your car a lot or flog the crap out of it you will be fine. I haven't been too hard on my car at 9psi so far and probably won't ever be.
I would recommend a Hondata setup. They really aren't that expensive and are good peace of mind.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But that's the fun part!Originally posted by CROM:
If you don't race your car a lot or flog the crap out of it
Bookmarks